02 September 2011

A Hairstyle that is On Pointe.



Lately I have been breaking the cardinal rule of Regina George and The Plastics. I have been wearing my hair up more than one day a week. Maybe it's because I am trying to grow out my hair**. It has reached that in-between point where it's better to pin it up than style it down. Or maybe it's because I secretly envy the effortless style of ballet dancers.

I'd say both are true.

I've been seeing the ballet bun as a hairstyle trend for quite a while now, and figure I'm overdue for a homage to a classic (albeit lifesaving) hairstyle.


{ images from this is glamorous; beautydept.; pinterest: whitney frylauren webb }

The folks over a The Beauty Deparment break down this 'do with a step-by-step video tutorial. Check it out:



The ballet culture and ballerina lifestyle fascinates me, and I think this is a great video from the NYC ballet about the importance of a proper fitting pointe shoe:





** Don't miss my {hair envy} board on Pinterest, where you can see my hair hopes and aspirations.


No comments:

Post a Comment